COVID19 – To protect our clients and staff, we are currently offering telephone consultations for your Family Law matter, together with our staff being readily available to assist you by email.

Family Law FAQ

It’s a lot to take in, right?

A free 15-minute phone consult with one of our family lawyers in Perth will answer any questions or concerns you have, but if you’re not quite ready for that we’ve answered some popular questions below…

If you’ve already agreed with your former partner about parenting arrangements or how you’re going to divide your property, you can bypass a big chunk of the legal process and apply straight to the Family Court of Western Australia for orders in terms of your agreement.

A divorce lawyer will be able to offer practical advice regarding these applications so that you can be sure the paperwork’s done correctly the first time!

Depending on your circumstances,  you may be able to make an urgent application to the Family Court of Western Australia for orders to prevent your former partner from accessing money or assets.

If you’re unsure how to go forward with this, talk to our family lawyers today.

It sounds like you may need to make an urgent application to the Family Court to stop interstate or overseas travel. We would be able to prepare those documents for you on an urgent basis, and seek that the Family Court hear your matter as soon as possible.

To apply to the Family Court of WA for divorce, you must first satisfy the Court that you meet certain circumstances. These include proving the length of time that you and your partner have been separated, as well as providing evidence about your Australian citizenship (or the length of time that you’ve been in Australia).

With the help of an experienced divorce lawyer in Perth (book in for your free 15-minute consult with us here) you can then begin divorce proceedings.

It’s quite a job title, isn’t it? A Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) is an experienced professional who mediates disputes involving families and children.

In order to apply to the Family Court of Western Australia for parenting orders, you need to obtain a certificate from a FDRP through arranging to attend family mediation.

Not a problem. We are flexible in the way we correspond, including telephone, Skype and email communication. In fact, we have clients all over the world.

We are also able to meet with clients and attend Court in the South West, either in person or over the phone.

Scroll to Top